I'm going to be honest with you... it was a pretty nightmarish rebuild day last Saturday. We got to Ruby a little late in the day and had to figure out how to move her to a location where we could better work on her.
It was extremely hot by the time we got to working on her... and without the insulation or walls she heated up pretty freaking quick. We were basically ROASTING inside a tin can.
We were taking the floors out this week. We were hoping to prime the frame by next week, but sadly we will be going back this weekend, to take the rest of the floors out.
It looks like we are the 3rd people to rebuild this trailer. We almost got down to her frame to find screws that were only used in the 60's to hold the floors to the frame. We also found a newspaper clipping from the 80's(??) tucked in between the floors, and we know that the floor on the frame is not the original manufacturer flooring... the tools don't match up, and it just makes no sense to put the floors in the way they did.
But, taking out the floors is crucial in this rebuild... the people who put the flooring down in the 60's certainly didn't think anyone would need to take the floors out.. so they made it basically indestructible... but if only the people who tried to rebuild it in the 80's would have taken better care of it the floors wouldn't have rotted away!
Luckily my heat induced mental breakdown wasn't caught on camera. but I assure you it happened. I lost it. I suddenly found myself in over my head and I totally broke down and cried in frustration over these stubborn rotted floors. Don't worry. I eventually pulled myself up, stomped around and kicked some floors in. I'll be back next Saturday to rip the rest of the floors out with more determination than ever. Dreams are really hard work.